Monday, August 27, 2007

New week

Hiya--

I did finish my MS3 last week, and blocked in on Sunday. I unpinned it on Monday, and I do have to say, I am quite pleased with it. I plan to give it to my sister in law (in place of the Peacock Feathers shawl--now I can keep that one!), so I do hope she won't be thrown off by the asymmetricality of it. I think it is great, but you never know. I really will post pictures as soon as I find the camera cable.

I got in to Ravelry, so I really do need to find that cable. I'm itching to take pictures of my stash, my projects, everything. I love Ravelry! I've found new projects that I want to make, but I think mostly that is a good thing. I'm trying to concentrate on yarn that I already have, so maybe I will get inspired that way.

Today I will be finishing up Aunt Betty Jane's bag. I did it on an F hook, though, and I think it is a bit tight. Maybe it will stretch out a bit with use. I use mine to haul everything we get from the library, so it definitely gets used/abused. Still going strong.

LB gave me the Touch Me--I'm almost finished with four balls. I still haven't decided what to do about mittens/no mittens, but I'll decide that at the end of ball #5. Gimme a couple more days. She also gave me the Alchemy silk. That scarf is done and awaiting blocking. It is so beautiful! I was using some REALLY pointy needles at the beginning, and I kept splitting the yarn. When I switched to duller, slicker needles, it really started to be a faster, more pleasurable knit. I can't wait to wear it.

Job hunt is still on. Bleah.

So current knit-list: BJs bag, Touch Me scarf, Buttonhole Bag (Mason-Dixon pattern) out of SWS, Daddy's vest (really, I should do this one)

No comments: